We don't go out for dinner as a family too often, maybe once a month or less. And for sure I can't remember the last time we did twice in one week. But this ended up being quite the Weekend of Indulgence. Friday, we were just tired (I had done a long run and my husband did a 40 mile bike ride) and both of us were HUNGRY. Neither of us felt like making dinner, and even though we had plans to go out on Saturday, we surprised the kids with a trip to Red Robin. We haven't been in a long time and there were some new yummy items on the menu. The pretzel bites with beer cheese dipping sauce were a hit, as well as these brownie bites with caramel sauce and sea salt.
I did some searching and I might just have to make my own...
- MONDAY - Pizza
- TUESDAY - Thai Turkey Meatballs with Veggies and Brown Rice (a great recipe via Minnesota Monthly)
- WEDNESDAY - Buffalo Chicken Burgers (pushed this Will Cook for Smiles recipe back, since we went to Red Robin)
- THURSDAY - Alpine Chicken Casserole (Chicken breasts topped with swiss cheese, cream of mushroom soup thinned out with water, or a little white wine if ya want, and topped with cubed stuffing that's been tossed with a little butter. Bake at 350 for an hour, covered with foil for the first half hour.)
- FRIDAY - Steak Fajitas with Carne Asada and Fixins from Trader Joes
- SATURDAY - Rigatoni Arrabiata (Our 'Saturday Night Pasta' recipe)
- SUNDAY - Barbecue Bacon Ranch Chopped Salad (from Foodie with Family)