Recap on October Goals
Run sub 54:00 in the Snohomish River Run.
Done! At least, I'm pretty sure I accomplished this...
Once a week interval training.
Well, I did this except for the last week of October - the week after the 10K I was suffering from some DOMS.
Keep going with the run streak.
I'm at day 162!!
Make it through October with my mommy gold star.
Yep, it was a busy month! I think my star is intact. We made it through a week of half days and conferences, which went great! We did soccer three times a week, every week, and finished the season with a party!
|I love this one of my girl getting in on the huddle.|
We trick or treated!
Whew! I think one of the reasons that Halloween is more stressful than Christmas is that there's no big break from school. We still have loads of homework, soccer, etc. while trying to cram in all sorts of fun. At least I stayed on top of things this year...
Try and not be so last minute with the kids costumes and getting pumpkins carved.
We were ON IT. Ordered the costume bits from Amazon early in October for my son's Minecraft Enderman and we carved our pumpkins two weeks before Halloween. This ended up backfiring, as our creations were moldy mush balls covered in SLUGS by the 31st. Next year we'll let that one go until the last minute.
Get my whole family vaccinated for the flu.
Done! This was the first year I asked after the flu mist and, lo, it was painless!
Clean out those damn closets.
DONE! Plus I organized my own closet and took three huge trash bags to Goodwill.
- Post every day on the blog for national blog posting month (NaBloPoMo). This is going to be quite a challenge, especially once we get to Thanksgiving weekend. But, I like the idea of a daily challenge and just exercising my brain a bit.
- Speaking of daily challenges.. Keep up with the run streak, and try to keep up with least 20 miles a week. I just realized that I can probably hit 1,000 miles for the year if I keep up my weekly average!
- Try some new classes while I'm not training for a race. I've got the opportunity to try a Class Pass membership and I'm SUPER excited about it, and will elaborate in another post.
- Go to the chiropractor. It's been awhile since I've gone and I had meant to go more regularly this year.
- Get shopping and prepped for Thanksgiving and my mom's first visit in over TWO YEARS OMG YAY!