Our Father's Day weekend was a pretty typical one. On Saturday my husband spent the morning/afternoon taking the kids to the children's museum and lunch while I was off to another race (running a 5K PR!). In the evening, after playing soccer in the backyard, he made us a lovely chicken Parmesan dinner. Which we enjoyed with a big bottle of wine after the kids went to bed.
Yesterday, after he got to sleep in, we enjoyed some perfect Seattle weather, lunch at Chipotle and... Target. Yes, my husband willingly goes with us to Target on the weekends. Afterwards, I had wanted to go to the Brooks Outlet and visit the Cavalcade (and my friend who works there) while the kids were resting; but, I stayed home so that my husband could accomplish his one father's day request. He wanted to get the kids 'graduation' presents (big brother's pre-K grad and baby girl a toddler group grad), but I secretly think the 522 piece Lego set was more for his enjoyment and not big brother's...
|Um, yeah, who d'you think put that together? Not that kid! And certainly not me.|
And now my daughter is the proud owner of a new Disney themed attachment item to tote around, her own soft Buzz Lightyear doll.
|He knew she loves to play with the one at the Y, and now they are inseperable.|
We are all so lucky to have such a remarkably wonderful man we call daddy 'round here.
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Pioneer Woman's shredded pork (I eat it on tortillas with some fixins, hubs with bbq sauce on a bun)
- Wednesday - chicken wraps via pinterest
- Thursday - probably making sandwiches or something light for dinner, as I'm off to Meet Dimity and SBS at the Train Like a Mother house party!
- Friday - Pomodoro with angel hair pasta (just saute garlic and onion with olive oil in a large pan, add a 28oz can of whole san marzano tomatoes and mash with a potato masher, season w/salt, pepper and crushed red pepper, cook about 15 minutes/until it thickens and add LOTS of fresh basil and fresh grated Parmesan cheese)
- Saturday - strip steaks with peppercorn crust, twice baked potatoes and wedge salads with blue cheese dressing
- Sunday - Chicken and veggies stir fry with Trader Joes Red Curry Sauce and brown rice