Another yummy Thanksgiving has come and gone, and I'm always glad that we make so much food for really only two people. Especially this year, since my husband and I were on the tail end of a nasty cold and didn't fully enjoy our meal the first time around. And, my youngest decided to have a headache and vomit on the floor at the tail end of our meal. Awesome. Luckily, she was just fine the next day and every year we pretty much eat Thanksgiving dinner again - usually with soup, and this year my quinoa dish! I still have enough leftovers for a few turkey cranberry salad sandwiches, and perhaps some stuffing and gravy with a fried egg on top for lunch. Mmmm, yeah.
We may even have enough for a third dinner, so I'm putting our favorite post turkey day soup on the menu for Monday and pushing pizza back to Tuesday!
- Monday - Bridesmaids Pumpkin Soup (and leftovers!)
- Tuesday - Pizza
- Wednesday - Satay Chicken with Peanut Sauce, Brown Rice and Veggies (a go-to satay marinade from About.com and trying a new peanut sauce recipe I found on Pinterest from Full-Thyme Student)
- Thursday - Burgers on the Grill with Alexia Potatoes
- Friday - Chicken Fajitas with Frontera Sauce and Fixins
- Saturday - Penne in Vodka Sauce (a favorite old Rachael Ray recipe)
- Sunday - Turkey and Pinto Bean Chili (from Food and Wine)