One of the few food preferences my husband and I differ on is eggs. He's your basic scrambled guy, those eggs had better be cooked. Me? I'm partial to a slightly runny egg, usually topped with hollandaise sauce. But really any food can be improved with a fried egg on top. I usually eat them for lunch - over leftover tex-mex food, or rice and veggies, even some toast. So when I finally got a chance to try a new-ish local restaurant, The Commons, there was no hesitation when deciding what to order:
A smoky veggie hash with potatoes, squash, peppers, mushrooms, and kale topped with fried eggs (to which I also added bacon). I might have to try and replicate something like this for lunch one of these days. SO GOOD.
The Chopped Thai Salad from Pinch of Yum we tried last week was really good and we'd definitely make it again. Wonder if I could put a fried egg on it...?
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Chicken BLT Salad with Fresh Lemon Garlic Dressing
- Wednesday - Swiss Chicken Casserole (a standby comfort food recipe)
- Thursday - Angel Hair with Pomodoro Sauce (simple yet flavorful tomato sauce)
- Friday - Chicken Fajitas with Frontera Sauce and Fixins
- Saturday - date night because I'm turning 40 this week OMG.
- Sunday - Crockpot Jalapeno Popper Chili (a favorite from Everyday Reading)