As I had predicted last week, I did indeed eat a turkey sandwich in the van! However, it was for lunch on the drive up to our starting point in Bellingham. One of the nice things about being in van 2 is that the first break is perfect for a sit down dinner. We ate up at Skagit River Brewery before taking a short 'nap' until our second run started in the wee hours of the night. Although, I was wrong in my prediction on the Oiselle blog, I didn't eat one bite of my pasta salad or savory goodies. Womp, womp. For one thing, they were stuffed in the way back of the van. Secondly, the next break was so short and all we had time for was sleep. And third, when I woke up at 8:15 in the morning (after getting one hour of sleep) the last thing I wanted were chips or pasta salad. I suppose there's really no way to predict what you're going to want to eat when you stay awake for 36 hours and your stomach is sayin' "um, WHAT?"
|Predicting what you're going to be thirsty for is MUCH easier. So much water, so much Nuun.|
Oh and, until I get around to putting all my Ragnar thoughts together (they are always going to be epic, I think), we came in 6th in the women's open with a time of 28:32:04!
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Thai Turkey Meatballs Stir Fry (a favorite Pinterest find)
- Wednesday - Farfalle with Zucchini (an old Pioneer Woman recipe)
- Thursday - out with a friend!
- Friday - Baked Chicken Taquitos (a menu staple from Pink Parsley)
- Saturday - Braciole with Roasted Potatoes (usually a winter thing, but we were kinda craving this amazing dish courtesy of Giada)
- Sunday - Chopped Thai Salad with Sesame Garlic Dressing (trying this new recipe from Pinch of Yum)