The days after a little vacay are ROUGH. Even one where I was only gone a day and a half! Although, we packed in a LOT of fun stuff. (I got to be a tourist in my own city, and even do things that were new to me - I'll recap soon.) Staying up until the wee hours of the night having cocktails probably didn't help either... So! Menu planning got postponed one day. This is another reason pizza night on a Monday is the best. Also the best? I finally had dim sum! Our local Blathering organizer, Maggie, married into a Chinese family and her father in law picked his favorite place for us AND the menu.
I'd also recommend the spaghetti dish we made last week. It was a nice way to kick up what would otherwise be a plain pomodoro pasta with some pancetta. We only put half the recommended amount in, because I think that pancetta (like bacon) can overpower a dish. Also, you can get it pre-chopped/cubed in little packages from Trader Joes. Making this recipe even easier!
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Baked Orange Chicken Meatballs (trying this Pinterest find from Just a Taste)
- Wednesday - Mediterranean Chicken Pasta (an old Tyler Florence recipe)
- Thursday - Gnocchi, Sausage and Spinach Soup (from Cinnamon, Spice and Everything Nice)
- Friday - Fish Tacos (a favorite from Cooking Light)
- Saturday - Steak night! (Omaha Steaks top sirloins, baked taters and salad)
- Sunday - Chicken BLT Chopped Salad with Lemon Garlic Dressing