What a GLORIOUS weekend! Sun, running (with a new PR!), brunching, steaks and champagne... I seem to focus a bit on food, eh? At brunch on Saturday after the Lake Sammamish Half, I admitted that while I'm nearing the end of a long race I start to think about all the lovely things I shall eat and drink afterwards. Even if you aren't obsessed with food, 13.1 miles is a long time to be in your own head - food has to cross every runner's mind at some point, right? Right??
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Stuffed Sole Filets from Trader Joes, Big Green Salad and Brown Rice
- Wednesday - Thai Ground Beef with Stir Fry Veggies (excellent Cooking Light recipe)
- Thursday - Grilled Chicken Club Salad with Guacamole Dressing (old favorite from Rachael Ray)
- Friday - Turkey Enchilada Quinoa Bake (using ground turkey in this yummy recipe from Pink Parsley)
- Saturday - Mac and Cheese with Roasted Brussel Sprouts (trying a new mac recipe from Annie's Eats - supposedly similar to Panera's. I shall report back.)
- Sunday - Alpine Chicken Casserole (An old family favorite - we use cream of mushroom soup.)