Now that the weekends of back to back racing are over, I'm enjoying after dinner cocktails on Saturdays again! My husband has developed a love for whiskey over the last few years and I'm juuuuust starting to come around. I LOVE the smell of it, the sweet vanilla like aroma. When I do have a glass (with a large ice cube in it) I spend almost more time smelling it than I do drinking it.
Rye Whiskey Sidecar
- rye whiskey (we love our local Woodinville Whiskey)
- Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- superfine sugar
- orange juice (out of the carton works just fine for me)
- simple syrup (we always have a squeeze bottle of it in the fridge, here's how you make it)
The new Mac and Cheese recipe from last week was definitely a hit. I added caramelized onions and some bacon, just like our favorite Pioneer Woman recipe to 'fancy' it up a bit - highly recommend, especially when pairing with Brussels sprouts. This week I'm SO excited to try out some new recipes for St. Patrick's Day that involve Guiness... and CAKE.
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Guiness Pot Roast and Dark Chocolate Guiness Cake with Baileys Cream Cheese Frosting (going a little celebratory for St. Pats Day this year!)
- Wednesday - Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry with Brown Rice (trying this new all purpose stir fry sauce)
- Thursday - Basil Tilapia Filets from Costco and Broccoli Quinoa Casserole (from Eating Well, Living Thin)
- Friday - Chicken Fajitas with Frontera Sauce and Fixins
- Saturday - Rigatoni Arrabbiata (our Saturday night pasta)
- Sunday - Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Salad (from Everyday Reading)