We've survived the first week of summer, juuuust barely. It always takes a week or so to get into a groove. Thankfully we've got some good weather coming our way, as it always does around the 4th of July. I'm so glad it falls on a Friday. To celebrate, we're making our annual summer brats (boiled in good beer and then grilled) a little early this year!
I still haven't decided what we might do with the kids for holiday fun. We're not at all into waiting around all day in crowds to watch fireworks, but there are places that we could probably drive to and watch them from afar, where they're not as noisy. Especially since my son falls asleep like this every year:
Or maybe we'll just get some sparklers and call it good...
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Chicken Hoisin Rice Bowls (from Cookin' Canuck)
- Wednesday - Spincach Artichoke Chicken (new one we're trying from Add A Pinch)
- Thursday - Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema (a favorite from Cooking Light)
- Friday - Brats and Lemony Roasted Potato Salad from Bev Cooks (gotta go with traditional Independence Day foods!)
- Saturday - Pioneer Woman's 'Fancy' Mac and Cheese and Roasted Broccoli
- Sunday - Spinach Salad with Chicken Avocado and Goat Cheese (have been wanting to make this one again from Recipe Girl)