Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there! My husband enjoyed some sleep in time, sweet cards from all of us, and time to himself most of the afternoon while I took the kids to a birthday party.
|From my Instagram: baby girl's rendition of daddy|
Speaking of my husband, I snuck a pic of him while we hit up Jimmy John's this weekend.
We go nearly every weekend. It's a nice little slice of home here in Seattle. The now ubiquitous sandwich shop originated in Illinois and the one at my Alma Mater (The University of Illinois) was the third store ever opened. It's been a part of my life ever since. They started opening around Seattle about a year after we moved here and we thought we'd died and gone to heaven. And then, a few years later, Potbelly's began opening their doors in our neck of the woods - a favorite Chicago institution. Now if Portillo's would only branch out...
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Gnocchi, Sausage and Spinach Soup (a favorite Pinterest find from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice)
- Wednesday - Spicy Avocado Enchiladas (also another great find via Pinterest, from The Novice Chef)
- Thursday - out with friends!
- Friday - Mediterranean Chicken Pasta (great old Tyler Florence recipe)
- Saturday - Top Sirloins from Omaha Steaks with Baked Potatoes and Wedge Salads (indulgent meal after my unexpected opportunity to run Rock n' Roll Seattle! More on that soon!)
- Sunday - Chicken BLT Chopped Salad with Fresh Lemon Garlic Dressing
As always, I'm linking up with Org Junkie, Mommy Run Fast and Jill Conyers - be sure to check out all the great weekly menus!