Since we moved to Seattle over a decade ago, I have never found myself perturbed by the rain. In fact, as a bookish person that tends toward being an introvert, I kinda like it! But, when we have a sunny day after a spell of rain, I'm more aware of how it affects my mood and enjoy it more. Today was one of those random beautiful midwinter days and we took advantage of it, strolling around a favorite park.
It was followed up by a not so fun day off of school because of icy roads, and the snow was mostly gone, so the kids were feeling a little pent up. And this week we have midwinter break, and ANOTHER three day week. Serenity now...
Update on the Gimme Some Oven Moo Shu Chicken we tried last week: it was GOOOOOD.
Looking forward to trying The Garlic Diaries recipes this week!
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Barbecue Bacon Ranch Salad (from Foodie with Family)
- Wednesday - Sausage, Vegetable and Barley Soup (trying this recipe from The Garlic Diaries)
- Thursday - Grilled Chicken with Broccoli Quinoa Casserole (from Eating Well, Living Thin)
- Friday - Angel Hair Pomodoro (simple recipe from About.com)
- Saturday - Date night!
- Sunday - Crock Pot Jalapeno Popper Chili (from Everyday Reading)