This week was PERFECTION. My husband's birthday week is always a fun one, as it's during holiday season and it's usually when my mother in law comes to visit. She wasn't able to come out this year, but my husband still took time off of work to chill and do fun things. Like visit Tat's Deli!
We finally got a real snow around here! It was perfectly timed on a Friday, and was everything the kids hoped it would be - snowman building, snowball fights, pancakes for breakfast and lots of hot chocolate.
I love they're at an age where I can just let them run around in the backyard and the snow is so NOVEL that it keeps them outside for hours. So, I got lots of reading done!
And it melted just in time for us to go out for our favorite date night dinner! The kids stayed blessedly healthy this time around.
Daniels had a special list of 'Manhattan Project' cocktails on the menu and the 'Portwood' with Rye whiskey, ruby port and maple syrup was heavenly. I don't know if any other week can top it, but we'll try.
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Chicken Curry Stir Fry (with veggies and Sauce from Trader Joe's)
- Wednesday - Smoky Sloppy Joes with Green Chiles and Yogurt Slaw (from How Sweet It Is)
- Thursday - Curried Lentil Soup (from the Cozy Apron)
- Friday - Quinoa Enchilada Casserole (favorite from Damn Delicious)
- Saturday - Penne Alla Vodka (a tried and true recipe from Rachael Ray)
- Sunday - Jalapeno Popper Chili (from Everyday Reading)