The rain returned this weekend, but that doesn't keep us Pacific Northwesterners indoors! We were hoping to hit the zoo this weekend, but the weather was better for a little nature walk under the cover of trees.
We all enjoyed it and I am SO GLAD our local theater has been bought by AMC and remodeled with the recliner seats that you can reserve ahead of time. WIN.
Sadly, our date night dinner plans got pushed back because our regular sitter had something come up and I went through calling THREE backup sitters and none were available. Boo. If it were a special occasion, I probably would have expanded my search. Alas, we were just heading out for Mexican and not necessarily for Valentine's Day, so we rescheduled for this week.
The kids sure do love Valentine's Day. Like Halloween, I ain't into it and I'm glad they had fun at school! Only one day off this week for President's Day and then it's back to our regularly scheduled programming, praise be.
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Autumn Chopped Salad (from espresso and cream)
- Wednesday - Aidells Sausage and Roasted Potatoes
- Thursday - Satay Chicken and Roasted Broccoli with Brown Rice (we grill chicken breasts with this marinade from The Spruce)
- Friday - Penne with Spinach Sauce (an old favorite from Giada)
- Saturday - DATE NIGHT.
- Sunday - Turkey Chili Taco Soup (delicious and easy recipe from Skinny Taste)