|She lined her crayons up in rainbow ROYGBIV order, haha!|
And on the kid's day off from school, I acquiesced and took them to one of those indoor trampoline parks, including a few games of air hockey.
We followed it up with a visit to the fruit market where we got our pumpkins, and a trip to 7-11 for slurpees - best day ever! (Kids are pretty easy to please.)
To cap off an already lovely week, the CUBS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES OMG! And, yes, we took pictures of our television.
It's rather difficult to watch from afar, thinking of how I used to live just blocks away from Wrigley and that I can't partake in the fun. But I am so grateful to be able to witness this momentous hometown achievement. And though I'm not a religious person, I know my dad (who instilled our love of the team no matter what) is probably lookin' down on his beloved Cubbies, too.
If you could say a prayer, chant or positive thought for them this week, our family would appreciate it! Meanwhile we'll be eating...
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - everyone fend for themselves because I'm going out to an author event in Seattle!
- Wednesday - Burgers on the Grill (easy dinner for soccer practice night)
- Thursday - Hoisin Stir Fry Bowls with Spicy Peanut Sauce (tasty recipe from Budget Bytes)
- Friday - Chicken Fajitas with Frontera Sauce and Fixins
- Saturday - Spinach Lasagna (great recipe via Chowhound)
- Sunday - Turkey and Pinto Bean Chili (from Food and Wine)
And the chicken nachos from last week were DELICIOUS! So fun to have nachos for dinner, don't know why I never thought of it.
As always, I'm linking up with Org Junkie - be sure to check out all the great weekly menus!