Well, the plague has hit our house and our meals from Friday/Saturday are gettin' pushed back. There was some heating leftovers and takeout going on, since my husband got sick and then my son got sick over the weekend.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't hit the female contingent in our household.
Luckily, my kids were both healthy for their yearly fun run at school and all the planning that went into it paid off. The kids had a blast and we surpassed our fundraising goal for the year!
I was bummed to miss the Snohomish River Run while taking care of all the sickies in our house, but I don't think I was quite prepared for a 10K yet. I've worked up to one 4 mile run a week, and don't want a setback. I was able to get out for a rainy run on Saturday, my favorite!
And the sick folk were feeling well enough to get out of the house for some lunch and a spin around the bookstore today. I was waiting for the library hold for Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier to come in, but we went ahead and bought it. Smile and Sisters were great fun, so I'm excited to read it, too!
Since I feel like I've been Negative Nelly here on the weekly posts, and the world is a wee bit negative lately (yes, I am burying my head and writing during tonight's debate because I CAN'T EVEN), here are some distractions that have made me smile!
DUG IN REAL LIFE OMG.
These AMAZING GIFS from The Creative Project are so soooooothing.
The other week I finally got around to determining my Patronus, a Tortioseshell Cat! And I'm a proudly sorted Ravenclaw. I highly recommend sorting yourself as an excellent distraction from real life and watching this video of Eddie Redmayne doing the same, especially if you have a thing for adorably freckled and light-eyed men of English/Irish descent (See also Ewan McGregor, Robert Redford, my husband).
Okay, I'm feeling better already! Here's to the fresh start of a new week!
- Monday - Spicy Avocado Enchiladas (recipe from The Novice Chef pushed back from last week)
- Tuesday - Pizza
- Wednesday - Green Curry Turkey Meatballs with Stir Fry Veggies and Brown Rice (from Mel's Kitchen Cafe)
- Thursday - Crockpot Pulled Pork Sandwiches (from Natasha's Kitchen)
- Friday - Tortilla Pie (a favorite from Dinner: a Love Story)
- Saturday - Seven Flavor Beef (reaaaally looking forward to this favorite Saturday date night meal after having to postpone it this week!)
- Saturday - Gnocchi, Sausage and Spinach Soup (a staple from Cinnamon, Spice, and Everything Nice)
As always, I'm linking up with Org Junkie - be sure to check out all the great weekly menus!