We had quite a fun filled week around these parts, and are enjoying some CRAZY summer like weather. Funny enough, it's the same weather we experienced this time last year during The Blathering! And, just like last year, I happened to find myself in Pike Place tooling around. We decided to take the kids there to play tourist for the day.
The Gum Wall grossed them out, though.
The views never disappoint, and they love to spot Mount 'Reindeer' (my daughter's name for Rainier) on such a clear day. Can you spot it?
The night before, my husband went out to one of our usual date night haunts. The weather was just calling for margaritas, and sandals!
And the night before THAT was the school carnival, which is always a good time.
I fear that this week will be totally boring in comparison...
As for meals:
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Greek Turkey Meatball Salad (breaking out this favorite from the Perfect Pantry on what is to be another hot day!)
- Wednesday - Hoisin Stir Fry Bowls with Spicy Peanut Sauce (trying this recipe from Budget Bytes)
- Thursday - Penne with Spinach Sauce (oldie, but goodie, from Giada)
- Friday - Baked Chicken Taquitos (a staple from Our Best Bites)
- Saturday - Korean Short Ribs with Roasted Broccoli and Mashed Potatoes (simple recipe from Food.com)
- Sunday - Crock Pot Jalapeno Popper Chili (great recipe from Everyday Reading)