Last week was Literacy Week, a yearly favorite event at school, filled with all sorts of reading related fun: book exchanges, hat day on Dr. Seuss' birthday, a pajama 'read in' and even a carnival-like night at school.
We also observed many rainbows this week.
In addition to lots of yogurt, this week we'll be eating:
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Veggie Masala Tacos (our recipe using Trader Joe's veggie burgers)
- Wednesday - Paprika Chicken & Spinach with White Wine Thyme Sauce (trying this recipe from The Kitchen Paper I found on Pinterest)
- Thursday - Buffalo Chicken Burgers (from Will Cook for Smiles)
- Friday - Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos (a longtime favorite from Our Best Bites)
- Saturday - Penne Alla Vodka (also a longtime favorite, from Rachael Ray)
- Sunday - Barbacoa Taco Bowls (using freezer leftovers Barbacoa beef from a Skinnytaste recipe over brown rice with fixins)
A note on one of the new recipes from last week - be careful when making the Toasted Chile Chicken marinade. I think it would go over better in a shallow pan, as I kept burning the chile flakes in the pot! Also let it cool a bit before adding the garlic, or that will burn too. Otherwise, the marinade was pretty tasty.