A friend recently put a request to Twitter for regular date night ideas, because dinner out gets expensive and really doesn't take up enough time. We do try to go out for dinner maybe every six weeks or so, and usually we extend the time by wandering the aisles of Total Wine - a store that is NO FUN going to with children. We'd probably go out more often if we didn't love our at home date nights so much. It's something that we take very seriously, prioritize our schedules around and look forward to all week. It's always an indulgent meal (big pasta or steak) that goes well with wine and after dinner drinks (like these). It's always Saturday night after the kids go to bed. And, it's always followed by a Redbox new release, or an old favorite film.
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Cajun Quiche in a Rice Crust (an old Cooking Light standby)
- Wednesday - Thai Cashew Coconut Rice with Ginger Peanut Sauce (from Host the Toast)
- Thursday - Salumi Sandwiches! (My husband works nearby and it's a nice and easy dinner on soccer practice nights.)
- Friday - Spicy Avocado Enchiladas (I doubled this fantastic recipe from The Novice Chef Blog a few weeks ago, and froze the tortillas and sauce separately for an easy weeknight meal!)
- Saturday - Penne Alla Vodka (Rachael Ray's continues to be our favorite vodka sauce)
- Sunday - Chicken BLT Chopped Salad with Fresh Lemon Garlic Dressing