Blueberry picking was so easy and fun, we went back for more near the end of the summer. After cleaning the berries, I froze them in a layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment, then popped 'em into a nice large Ziplock.
Banana Coconut Blueberry Muffins
- 6 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut, plus 2-3 tablespoons for sprinkling on top
Using an electric mixer or stand mixer, beat butter, yogurt and sugar until fluffy - about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating for 1 minute between each addition.
Add bananas (don't bother mashing them first), water, and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
Add the flours, baking powder and salt. Beat just until almost combined. Stir in blueberries and shredded coconut.
Pour batter into prepared muffin tins - makes about 18. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are golden and springy to the touch.
Allow to cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely.
These muffins are perfect for freezing and then popping in the microwave for about 30 seconds when you're ready to eat!
This weeks eats:
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Sriracha Teriyaki Meatballs with Veggies and Brown Rice (trying this new meatball recipe from Baker by Nature)
- Wednesday - Pesto Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Roasted Asparagus (a favorite from Damn Delicious)
- Thursday - Autumn Chopped Salad (a good Pinterest find from Espresso and Cream)
- Friday - Jerk Sriracha Roast Pork Tacos (moved this recipe from Lady and Pups to this week, since we ended up taking the kids out to dinner to celebrate their first week of school!)
- Saturday - Top Sirloin Steaks with Wedge Salads and Baked Potatoes (love our Omaha Steaks!)
- Sunday - Chicken Enchilada Soup (a tasty and easy crock pot recipe from Real Mom Kitchen)
As always, I'm linking up with Org Junkie, Mommy Run Fast and Jill Conyers - be sure to check out all the great weekly menus!