It has occurred to me that I haven't reported back on a few recipes we've tried in recent weeks. Most of them were pretty good, but need a few tweaks if we add them to the menu again. Last week the Chile Relleno Casserole was good and had great flavor, but was a little too mushy. If we make it again, I'd add some cooked rice or shredded potato to give it more bite. A few weeks ago we tried Grilled Chicken with Garlicky Green Sauce and Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Taquitos. Both good, I'd recommend! Maybe go easy on the garlic in the green sauce, as it goes a loooooong way. And a while ago we tried One Pot Chili Mac which was really easy and made a TON (we're having the leftovers this week). However flavor was lacking. I'd add double the seasonings, a diced jalapeno along with the garlic and onion, and some cheese with a little more tang, like gruyere.
I have no fun photos to share this week, so please enjoy one of my favorite stand up bits from Lewis Black on the most vile candy o' the season: CANDY CORN.
- MONDAY - Pizza
- TUESDAY - Grilled Chicken Club Salad with Guacamole Dressing (a great old Rachael Ray recipe)
- WEDNESDAY - Aidells sausages on the grill with roasted potatoes
- THURSDAY - One Pot Chili Mac (leftovers from the aforementioned Damn Delicious recipe)
- FRIDAY - Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema (a favorite from Cooking Light)
- SATURDAY - Spaghetti with Ground Turkey (substituting spaghetti and ground turkey in this recipe)
- SUNDAY - Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili (we add onion, garlic, jalapeno and use about 1/2 the cream cheese in this easy recipe from Plain Chicken)