Every year on my birthday, we usually try a new restaurant. Last year was a nice night out, but just okay. I did look into going to Canlis this year, but there were no reservations available online even six week out! If you watched Top Chef Seattle, it was featured in the episode where the contestants try to replicate the restaurant's classic dishes that have been on the menu since they opened in the 1950s. I probably could have picked up the phone and called, but I took it as a sign that we should just go with Daniel's Broiler, always our favorite.
|A 'French Horn' martini, it was lovely.|
|We always request a booth that faces West, looking toward Lake Washington, Seattle and the Olympic Mountains.|
Maybe we'll venture into new territory on our anniversary in September, maybe...
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Spinach Salad with Chicken, Avocado and Goat Cheese (a favorite Pinterest find from Recipe Girl)
- Wednesday - Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole (trying this one Mommy Run Fast had on her menu the other week, from Slimsanity)
- Thursday - Pioneer Woman's Fancy Mac and Cheese with Roasted Broccoli (had a batch leftover in the freezer, yay! Check out some of my other favorite freezer meals.)
- Friday - Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry with Trader Joe's Brown Rice (from the freezer section, so easy) and Red Curry Sauce
- Saturday - Rigatoni Arrabbiata (Saturday Night Pasta)
- Sunday - Taco Bowls with Guac-a-Salsa Salad (an old favorite from Rachael Ray)