Alas, our summer has come to an end. It's bittersweet for me, nowadays. Yes, I'm definitely ready to get back to a routine, to not refereeing fights constantly and having some time to myself. The kids didn't express a great desire for any camps this year, and since they both can pass the swim test, I decided on 'camp pool and beach' for most of the summer. I... don't think I'll make the same decision next year! By mid-August we all needed a little break from each other and something totally new in the routine. But! We still had a ton of fun and I will miss our easygoing mornings, sleeping late, and always being outside in the sun. The warm weather is already beginning to make an exit from the PNW. Not before we got one last swing in the hammock earlier in the week...
We spend the day at Big Four Ice Caves hiking, having a picnic and playing frisbee at least once every summer and it was another perfect day for it. It's cool to see how the caves differ from year to year. This year was pretty dry, so there was only one ice cave. But still plenty of rocks to collect and make into cairns.
Another a lovely sight this week:
Oh, yeah. Vienna Beef Portillo's hot dogs are on the menu this week!
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Thai Ground Beef (a favorite from Cooking Light)
- Wednesday - Chicken Florentine (from Pink Parsley)
- Thursday - Portillos Hot Dogs!
- Friday - Chicken Fajitas with Frontera Sauce and Fixins
- Saturday - Penne with Vodka Sauce (staple from Rachael Ray)
- Sunday - Turkey and Pinto Bean Chili (easy recipe from Food and Wine)