First menu plan for the year! And it's comin' to ya from the new blog. One of my goals for this year is to simplify, and it's probably not a huge surprise that I'm starting to consolidate things onto this site. One might argue that it would be simpler just to do away with weekly menu posts, but they are my favorite. I love to read others, I like to look back at my own, and it's a handy thing to have all my recipes for the week in one space. Can't stop, won't stop!
This week, I'm glad to be getting back into the routine, even though we had a lovely holiday break.
This cartoon that I keep seeing all over the internet, from Hurrah For Gin (who I am NOW FOLLOWING), pretty much sums everything up. Although I'm not necessarily feeling fat, so that's a good thing. Especially since we have Lou Malnatis pizzas and Portillos hot dogs to eat in the coming weeks! The pizzas are gifted to us every year from my mom, and this year we got the hot dogs from my mother in law. So, yeah, they're BOTH goin' on the menu this week.
- Monday - Pizza (Malnatis!)
- Tuesday - Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup with Chorizo (trying this recipe I found in Food Network Magazine)
- Wednesday - Chicken Hoisin Rice Bowls (from Cookin' Canuck)
- Thursday - Hot Dogs (Portillos!)
- Friday - Spicy Avocado Enchiladas (a favorite from The Novice Chef)
- Saturday - Pesto Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Roasted Asparagus (from Damn Delicious, and it is)
- Sunday - Greek Turkey Meatball Salad (another favorite recipe, from The Perfect Pantry)