It's pretty amazing how so many great restaurants and chefs from around the country (the world?) have an outpost in Las Vegas. Our favorite of all the options, though, is Emeril Lagasse's Delmonico. The way they do service, atmosphere, and food is exactly what we love for a special occasion meal. It's fancy, but not pretentious.
Yes, we are steakhouse people. Our favorite meal consists of a salad with blue cheese, preferably a wedge:
|We also tried the truffle potato chips, even though we were having potatoes with our dinner - they were DIVINE.|
All washed down with a big bottle of delicious red, preferably a Neuf du Pape:
For our second night out, we knew it'd be a late dinner after our show at Cirque du Soleil got out. So we went for some tasty Tex Mex at the Border Grill in the Forum Shops at Caesars. I forgot to snap a pic, but I had the most succulent shrimp stuffed chile rellenos.
I have always wanted to eat at Rao's in New York City. I used to buy their jar sauce before I started making my own, and could seriously eat it with a spoon. My mom had the privilege of eating there and raved about it. And lo, they opened a Vegas outpost. The atmosphere was to die for - all white Italian lights and year round Christmas decor.
We had a cozy booth tucked in the back with a view of all the tables and the lovely fireplace. We shared a Caesar salad, followed by a simple angel hair with pomodoro, eggplant Parmesan and their famous meatballs.
Yes, definitely the best meatball I've ever had. So glad we got to experience Rao's.
I did get in some nutritious eats at lunchtime. The Canyon Ranch Spa and Cafe was poolside and they had a build your own grain bowl, which was awesome. My favorite was farro topped with wilted greens, egg and herb dressing.
So, now it's back to slaving over our own meals. We kinda missed it!
- Monday - Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Ranch Slaw (trying this new recipe via Buns in My Oven for Memorial Day grillin')
- Tuesday - Pizza!
- Wednesday - Grilled Satay Marinated Chicken Breasts and Roasted Broccoli
- Thursday - Apple, White Cheddar and Spinach Salad with Honey Apple Cider Vinaigrette (this is an AWESOME salad from Averie Cooks)
- Friday - Turkey and Black Bean Enchiladas (from Skinnytaste)
- Saturday - Seven Flavor Beef (a favorite Saturday meal recipe from our local Wild Ginger)
- Sunday - Jalapeno Popper Chili (from Everyday Reading)