I'm getting this post up a bit late because we enjoyed this amazing Seattle weather to the fullest today. Apparently January 25th is a pretty sure bet for a lovely day around these parts, because my Timehop pulled up a sunny and warm post-run photo from last year. This year, it was a perfect day to meet the new lion cubs and enjoy a visit to the zoo.
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Chicken and Veggies on the Grill with Brown Rice (gonna try a new marinade from Plain Chicken)
- Wednesday - Fancy Macaroni and Cheese with Roasted Broccoli (freezer leftovers of a favorite Pioneer Woman recipe)
- Thursday - Greek Turkey Meatball Salad (a staple from The Perfect Pantry)
- Friday - Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Bake (from Pink Parsley)
- Saturday - Bucatini with Butter Roasted Tomato Sauce (from Bon Appetit)
- Sunday - GAME DAY! Crock Pot Steak Chili (Janssen who blogs at Everyday Reading had posted this recipe to Spoonful and now it is gone :( Thankfully, she saved Superbowl Sunday by emailing it to me and I've pasted it below - enjoy!)
What you'll need:
1 cup dry pinto beans, rinsed (or put a can in about half way through cooking)
1/2 pound steak
1 14-ounce can whole, peeled tomatoes, with juice (I use petite diced)
2 cups broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable work fine)
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon ancho chile powder
1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
Throw it all in the pot and cook on low about 5-6 hours, or if you're using canned beans you can put it on high for 3-4.
As always, I'm linking up with Org Junkie, Mommy Run Fast and Jill Conyers - be sure to check out all the great weekly menus!