The holidays got us all into such a routine of eating dessert after every meal, as it should! Baking and exchanging treats is one of our most beloved traditions. However, I gained a bit more weight than usual this season. Womp. Womp. Probably due to the fact that I didn't have the Seattle Half training going into the holiday eating frenzy like I have the last two years, and I'm taking things easy while I get some PT for my leg. Of course, I'm not going to cut out dessert. Please. I'm a firm believer that life is too short and that I can still enjoy things in moderation. Usually, I'll have a Ghiradelli square after dinner. But if that's not cutting it, I've started making this Nutella dessert. I don't know about you, but I could sit and eat that whole jar with a spoon. Probably not the best idea, so I figured out how to extend just one meager tablespoon of the stuff into a really yummy dessert (or snack, or breakfast, etc.).
Nutella Yogurt Parfait
1/2 cup of nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt (I'm partial to the tubs from Trader Joe's.)
1 tablespoon of Nutella (Or, less; I've found that even a heaping teaspoon goes a long way.)
2 tablespoons of granola (I recommend Bear Naked Fit varieties.)
Fruit to taste (Sometimes I save the fruit versions for breakfast and just eat the chocolate-y crunchy version pictured below for dessert.)
Just swirl the Nutella into the yogurt and add toppings!
It's really quite impressive how the yogurt takes on the taste of the Nutella. I used to put some in my morning oatmeal and could hardly taste chocolate at all. But this version = tasty bowl of chocolate.
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Chicken Stir Fry (trying this simple Shutterbean recipe)
- Wednesday - Gnocchi Soup with Turkey Sausage, Roasted Red Pepper and Spinach
- Thursday - Easy Chopped Salads with Chicken, Bacon, Cherry Tomatoes, Avocado, Blue Cheese and Red Onion
- Friday - Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema (old favorite from Cooking Light)
- Saturday - Baked Chicken Parmesan Meatballs (HAVE to try this brand new recipe from Annie's Eats)
- Sunday - SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!! Chili, of course - we're trying this new recipe from the Neely's that I found on Pinterest.