Another year, another pumpkin carving session DONE. I know I get a little crotchety about Halloween, so I tried my best to get into the spirit. My son is old enough to do his own carving with those serrated carving kit knives, and that made it a faster and more fun process.
He made a Minecraft Creeper (of course), with a full moon and a cloud with a lightning strike - in case you didn't catch that.
We also decorated tiny gourds and I even roasted the pumpkin seeds! (A little olive oil, sea salt and a few dashes of Lawry's seasoned salt at 300 for about 45 minutes - tossing a couple of times.)
The smell of cut up pumpkins and roasting seeds was rather nostalgic for me, and I suppose I can get a little bit more enthused about the whole process next year... In addition to pumpkin seeds, here are this week's eats:
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Chicken BLT Chopped Salad with Fresh Lemon Garlic Dressing
- Wednesday - Basil Chicken Curry (trying this recipe from Half Baked Harvest)
- Thursday - Baked Ziti (getting out leftovers out of the freezer for soccer night, recipe from The Flour Sack)
- Friday - Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema (a favorite from Cooking Light)
- Saturday - Chicken Parmesan (a great classic from Tyler Florence)
- Sunday - Gnocchi Sausage and Spinach Soup (super yum recipe from Cinnamon, Spice and Everything Nice)