It really didn't occur to me until about midweek that Easter weekend was coming up, when I remembered that I had to procure plastic eggs for my daughter's preschool class.
|And thanks to the Y, she got to meet the Easter Bunny!|
It's a nice excuse to buy the kids a few fun things and be lazy on a Sunday morning. Usually, it's a day for us to go and get our wiggles out together as a family at Jump Planet. It was a tradition for us to worship at the house of jump for four years running and we were so very bummed that they closed their doors a few months ago. We found other ways to get our wiggles out today, but it just wasn't the same.
I'm thinking I need to find another crazy tradition for next year, instead of winging it like we did this year...
The Sesame Soy Meatballs we tried last week were excellent. Meatballs make every dish more fun, in my opinion. I think I'll put some on the menu this week, too!
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Satay Chicken with Roasted Broccoli and Brown Rice
- Wednesday - Chicken Sausages on the grill with Alexia Tots and Salad
- Thursday - Stuffed Flounder Filets from Trader Joe's and Cheesy Spinach Quinoa (new cheesy quinoa recipe I found via Pinterest)
- Friday - Mini date night out while the kids go to an event at big brother's school!
- Saturday - Spaghetti with Meatballs (trying this new recipe from Anne Burrell)
- Sunday - Baked Chicken Taquitos (a staple from Our Best Bites)
As always, I'm linking up with Org Junkie, Mommy Run Fast and Jill Conyers - be sure to check out all the great weekly menus!