Yay, back to meal planning! After San Diego, we did some pantry clearing and easy meals, making day of decisions for dinner. Definitely helpful on swim lesson night and the school music performance night. (Ah, the dulcet tones of the entire fourth grade class playing a recorder... It was super cute, though.) As much as that affords us the freedom to choose what we want each night, I find it more of a pain to make a decision and inevitably have to go to the store for something.
We're heading into spring break today and are doing the usual 'mom as cruise director' week. Perhaps we'll plan a trip next year, but this year's big trip will be to Chicago for a family wedding in May. So staycation it is! Thankfully the unusually elusive sun came out to kick things off and I have a few ideas up my sleeve for entertainment, including the kid's first Cirque du Soleil show.
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Burgers on the Grill and Alexa Fries
- Wednesday - Curried Chicken with Coconut Lime Rice and Yogurt Sauce (via One-Pan Wonders from Cooks Country)
- Thursday - Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Crema (a favorite from Cooking Light)
- Friday - dinner out after the circus!
- Saturday - Spinach Lasagna (easy and tasty recipe from Chowhound)
- Sunday - Turkey Taco Chili Soup (from Skinnytaste)