I kicked off this lovely week with a trip to Elliot Bay Book Company, as I mentioned in my book haul post, for a reading from Brit Bennett. Again, a wonderful novel that I highly recommend.
My daughter always finds other siblings to play and hang out with while we watch, and it was super awesome that she had one of her favorite classmates with an older brother on the team this year. They slay me.
Today we totally got our fall on with chili in the crock pot and I baked a favorite apple cake while my husband helped the kids with pumpkin carving. Thank goodness he's down for this task (well, I bribe him with the cake he loves), because I HATE this yearly task on my least favorite holiday.
We have a super busy schedule ahead this week, with THREE nights of activities for the kids. I'm looking forward to changing up our Halloween routine and going trick or treating with friends this year, in lieu of doing our local downtown safe Halloween. We also have the end of season pizza party for soccer and literacy night festivities at school. It's all fun stuff, but the introvert in me will be TIRED. We are going to pat ourselves on the back for all the running around with one of our most indulgent Saturday meals!
- Monday - Halloween! Tacos and Trick or Treating at a friends house!
- Tuesday - End of the season pizza party for my son's soccer team!
- Wednesday - Pesto Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Roasted Asparagus (a favorite from Damn Delicious)
- Thursday - Kung Pao Stir Fry from Trader Joes with Brown Rice (then off to literacy night!)
- Friday - Enchilada Quinoa Bake with Ground Turkey (using a great recipe from Pink Parsley)
- Saturday - Top Sirloin Steaks, Twice Baked Potatoes and Wilted Garlic Spinach (The recipes from The Girl Who Ate Everything and The Harvest Kitchen are pretty much how we've prepared these side dishes with our Omaha Steaks for years!)
- Sunday - Autumn Chopped Salad (from Espresso and Cream)