Despite the fact that we have air conditioning, this crazy hot weather we've been having has made me pretty disinterested in hot food. I've been consuming lots of salads and iced coffee (and tea) during the day, and now... I must admit, I made a smoothie bowl!
It seems like such the newfangled thing and sort of silly. Why not just drink a smoothie? But I gave one a try at a local Brazilian fast food place a few weeks ago and now I GET IT.
|before diving into the Kitanda bowl|
|carnage half way through|
My creation consisted of:
For the smoothie base - 1 small frozen banana, a frozen acai pack, about two tablespoons of Greek yogurt and about 1/3 cup of almond milk.
For the toppings - a few sliced strawberries, half a banana sliced, chia seeds, sliced almonds, shredded coconut, a big handful of granola and a drizzle of honey.
SO, SO GOOD!
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Thai Basil Pesto with Chicken and Peppers (trying this recipe I found on SparkRecipes)
- Wednesday - Pesto Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Roasted Asparagus (from Damn Delicious - I just realized, pesto two days in a row! But the recipes are rather different!)
- Thursday - Chicken Burrito Bowls (just cook chicken in the crock pot with spices and some stock, serve over brown rice with veggies and fixins)
- Friday - Top Sirloin Steaks, Wedge Salads and Baked Potatoes (going to pretend it's Saturday, since it's a holiday!)
- Saturday - Grilling for the fourth, of course! Probably hot dogs and I'm going to attempt another fruit pizza...
- Sunday - Greek Turkey Meatball Salad (a favorite from The Perfect Pantry)