The last 'Eats' post of the year is upon me! Crazy how the time flies, and yet it seems like I've waited forever for my favorite week of the year. The plan is to make Braciole for Christmas Eve and see if the kids will try it... It's a scrumptious Italian dish, wherein you roll a flank steak around lots of yummy cheeses and herbs, brown it and then bake in tomato sauce. On Christmas Day, once the kids are zonked out and in bed after getting up so early, we'll watch Love Actually and have a wine and cheese night. This is when we eat lots of Salami Stacks, an array of cheeses, crackers, apples wrapped in prosciutto, and my favorite Trader Joe's appetizers: Caramelized Onion and Feta Cheese Pastry Bites, mmmm.
For breakfast on Christmas Eve, I'm breaking out this Kringle I was so lucky to score at Trader Joe's back in November and stashed in my freezer.
Instead of doing cinnamon rolls from scratch for Christmas Day, I'm going to make things easier and give this Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake a try. If all else fails, I bought the makings for more Cranberry Orange Bread to have on hand. As for dessert, we still have lots of Cranberry Bliss Bark and our favorite Christmas Cookies to have all week.
|We take our cookie making very seriously|
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Braciole, Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Salad
- Wednesday - Wine and Cheese Night!
- Thursday - Halal Cart Chicken (trying this awesome looking recipe that Everyday Reading shared via Twitter)
- Friday - Enchilada Soup (moved this back from last week, since we ended up eating out)
- Saturday - Bowtie Skillet Lasagna with Italian Seasoned Ground Turkey
- Sunday - Grilled Chicken Club Salad with Guacamole Dressing (an old Rachael Ray favorite)