To celebrate eleven years of marriage, we hit up our favorite restaurant in all of Seattle. If you're ever in town, we highly recommend Daniel's Broiler. Being from Chicago, we know our steak joints well, and it's even better than a lot of places back home. We're definitely one of those couples that falls into the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" camp. We try a new place maybe once a year, usually on my birthday since it's in the summertime and the cozy steak joint feels more of a winter thing. But, we've yet to find a place we love better.
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Basil Lime Chicken and Rice (this week's Pinterest experiment)
- Wednesday - Applegate Farms Hot dogs and Alexia tater tots (we try to have easy and quick meals on Wednesdays, as it's soccer practice day)
- Thursday - Barefoot Contessa Minestrone
- Friday - Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Cream and Fixins
- Saturday - Rigatoni with Arrabiata Sauce (In a dutch oven, saute about 1 cup chopped yellow onion in olive oil until soft, add about 3 cloves of chopped garlic and 1/2 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, deglaze with a glug of white wine once the sausage is browned and add 28oz can crushed tomatoes, 8 oz tomato sauce, a can of tomato paste, a generous pinch or two of Kosher salt, pepper and crushed red pepper - let it simmer for at least a half an hour.)
- Sunday - Alpine Chicken (Chicken breasts topped with swiss cheese, cream of mushroom soup thinned out with water, or a little white wine if ya want, and then cubed stuffing that's been tossed with a little butter. Bake at 350 for an hour, covered with foil for the first half hour - mmmm, cheesy baked goodness.)