It's still hot here in Seattle and it's pretty brutal for most people. On Friday I said we've become weather wusses, but I also failed to mention that most people around these parts do not have air conditioning - imagine it hitting the mid-80s INSIDE your home. Blerghhhh. We certainly experienced our fair share of ridiculous numbers on the thermostat before we caved and installed central AC two years ago. So, yes, just as we're all slightly crazy when it snows even a centimeter (because there are hardly any snowplows and they do not salt the roads) we're also whining when it's near 90 degrees out, but a fan can only do so much. Local yokels, definitely give me a heads up if you want to sit around inside my house! It'll probably be empty because I can't pry the kids away from the sprinkler in the backyard...
I also have the makings for these easy limeade margaritas - we relied on them heavily this weekend.
- Monday - Pizza
- Tuesday - Fish (Oven Fried Halibut) n' Chips (Alexia Fries)
- Wednesday - Chicken and Veggies in Masala Simmer Sauce and Brown Rice (usually pick up these sauces from Whole Foods or Cost Plus)
- Thursday - Independence Day! Gonna try these Sausage and Veggie Foil Packets on the grill with some Aidells and Lemony Roasted Potato Salad
- Friday - Barbacoa Enchiladas (using leftover beef from when we made taco bowls for enchiladas with jack cheese, corn tortillas and Frontera Sauce)
- Saturday - Rigatoni with Arrabiata Sauce (In a dutch oven, saute about 1 cup chopped yellow onion in olive oil until soft, add about 3 cloves of chopped garlic and 1/2 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, deglaze with some white wine once it's browned and add 28oz can crushed tomatoes, 8 oz tomato sauce, a can of tomato paste, a generous pinch or two of Kosher salt, pepper and crushed red pepper - let it simmer for at least a half an hour.)
- Sunday - Easy Chopped Salads with Chicken, Bacon, Red Onion, Blue Cheese, Avocado and Homemade Champagne Vinaigrette